Mini Tummy Tuck, before and after pictures, Dubai Aesthetica, Professor Ashok Govila
|Prof. Ashok Govila
Mini Tummy Tuck, before and after pictures, Dubai Aesthetica, Professor Ashok Govila
Mini tummy tuck is a reduced form of conventional full tummy tuck.
How is Abdominoplasty performed and How is it different from Mini Tummy Tuck?
Abdominoplasty surgery is designed to remove and re-drape redundant lower and middle abdominal wall skin and fat. A horizontal incision is made above the pubic region, extending outward toward the hip bones. When possible, Professor Dr. Ashok Govila will keep the incision within swimsuit lines. The underlying muscles are tightened by pulling them together and stitching them in place. Excess skin from the lower abdomen is trimmed away. When a large amount of loose skin is present, a second incision will be made around the navel.
How to Prepare for Surgery:
To prepare for surgery both physically and mentally, consult Professor Dr. Ashok Govila so you’ll know what to expect before the operation, the day of the surgery, and afterward:
• Surgical consultation. You’ll meet with the Professor Dr. Ashok Govila to discuss your medical history and the procedure. If you have any questions, ask at this time so you understand what the procedure will entail and what to expect from the recovery period. A medical examination may also be performed at this visit, and preliminary tests may be ordered.
• Pre-surgical visit. Professor Dr. Ashok Govila will go over the final surgery details with you and give you instructions to follow (fasting - nil through your mouth for 8 hours before surgery) the night before your surgery. Inform him the medications you are taking in case you need to stop taking any of them prior to surgery.
• Day of surgery. You will meet with your medical team to go over your medical history and the procedure. The anesthesiologist will explain how the anesthesia works and what effect it will have on you. Double-check that the information on your hospital bracelet is accurate. And if you have prosthetics, wear dentures, or use a hearing aid, be sure to inform your medical team. Inform the team of any drug allergies if you have, if you are diabetic ,if you have thyroid problems ,if you smoke ,if you have hypertension.
• Discharge after surgery. You will receive instructions on how to take care of yourself, when to have a post-operative appointment, and what prescriptions you may need. You will be provided with medications to be taken for 3 - 5 days after the surgery by the hospital pharmacy. You will need to arrange to have a family member or friend take you home after surgery. Within first 24 hours after surgery one is not allowed to drive.
Where will the surgery be performed?
I operate in several internationally accredited hospitals in Dubai like, like Welcare Hospital, Jebel Ali Hospital and City Hospital. Each Hospital has different level of facilities and expertise at various levels like anesthesia and nursing. Each hospital has different rates for each activity. Therefore the total package deal will also depend upon which hospital the patient wants me to operate. I do no surgery in outpatient clinics.
What is the cost of Liposuction.
The package deal with me is calculated on the understanding that $1500 to 2000 will be charged per area of body. Full abdomen has upper and lower abdomen and right and left side and therefore has four areas to be treated.
Can I avail some kind of discount
Yes there is a method to avail discount.If you go for two surgical procedures one of them will be performed on 30% discount.Similarly if you come with your friend and both of them go for some surgical procedure both of them are entitled for 20 % discount.If you are a memeber of Emirates Piolet club or Ethihad Air line you can avail 20 % discount
Are there any payments plans like intallments.
Yes there are .One can pay 50 % payment by cash or card and rest as monthly intalments ( post dated cheques)
Where will you see me for the first consultaion and How much does it cost ?
I will see you at my clinic close to the beach in (JBR) Jumeriah Beach Residence /Dubai Marina area called Lifeline Medical center located at first floor of Al Fattan Tower close to Hilton Hotel .You will pay 500 dirham for the first consultation and subsequent visits related to the same problem are free of charge.
Prepare for Surgery: Improving Your Outcome
To best prepare for surgery, take these steps in the weeks and days leading up to it:
• If you smoke, stop. It's best to stop smoking at least two weeks before your procedure, but even a few days ahead will help. Inpatient surgery usually requires general anesthesia, and if you stop smoking your lungs will adjust better to the anesthesia. Quitting will also help reduce your risk of infection.
• Medications. Carefully follow all of your surgeon’s instructions regarding if and when you need to stop taking any of your regular medication prior to surgery. People who take blood thinners such as warfarin (sold under Coumadin and other brand names) will likely have to stop before surgery.
• Control your blood pressure. Surgery will be less risky if your blood pressure is at a healthy level. This can be a particular concern for overweight patients. “If you are able to lose weight before your surgery, it may help reduce your blood pressure and make the surgery easier,” professor says.
• Take it easy. Relax and try not to overdo it in the days before your surgery. It’s hard not to be anxious, but if you are well rested and in good shape, you will be better able to withstand the physical toll of surgery. Make sure to sleep well on the night before surgery even if it means taking a small dose 5 mg of tablet valium.
After Surgery: Guidelines
You will be encouraged by Professor Dr. Ashok Govila to get out of bed and move around as soon as you can, since being immobilized can be a cause of deep vein thrombosis.
Be sure you know when to resume taking medications that you discontinued prior to surgery, and confirm that they won't cause a negative interaction with any pain killers you might have been prescribed.
Follow all of your doctor's instructions about what you can or can't do whether the advice is about having sex, driving a car, taking a bath, or walking up and down stairs. Understand that it may take some time before you can get back to all your normal activities. Continue to watch your diet and keep your weight and your blood pressure in check until you can return to your regular exercise routine.
Remember, the better you prepare for surgery, the easier the procedure and your recovery will be.
Mini tummy tuck is often performed with breast augmentation for women in their thirties with 2 or 3 children having lost their shape.
Abdominoplasty - After your surgery
For the first few days, your abdomen will probably be swollen and you are likely to feel some discomfort which can be controlled by simple medication like Panddol and tyrnol one gram daily. Depending on the extent of the surgery, you may be released the same day or remain in the hospital for 3-4 days.
Our local patients of Dubai and (Abu Dhabi ,Alain, Ajman ,Sharjah) usually recover at home. Professor Ashok performs body sculpt on patients from around the world and some of them prefer to recover in their hotels for few days before traveling to their home country. Some choose to bring a family member or friend. Some patients hire a nurse or caretaker until they are comfortable on their own. Our hospital have arrangements for doctor on call 24 hours a day to attend to you in your hotel if need be.
You will be advised to use pressure (compression garments) on the treatment area for 8 hours a day up to a maximum of 12 weeks. Professor Dr. Ashok Govila also treats the tummy tuck scars for a extended period of up to 6 months by custom fabricated medicated pressure garments of pliable medicated plates under the garments which is ever is preferred by the patient. Darker the skin color stronger is the indication for proper follow up and management of the scar .White skin makes good scars. Dark skin makes bad scars.
Some irregularities on the surface and nodularity are sometimes unavoidable and these patients are recommended to take LPG or some kind of massage therapy to smoothen them down. With the persistent use of pressure garments which are updated on monthly basis these irregularities settle down in time. Fibrosis (hardness of nodules) , at the level of fat is just a scar that finally will become soft and take away the surface irregularity.
© Information provided here is for general education about cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. This information is subject to change. dubai-aesthetica.com does not guarantee that it is accurate or complete, and is not responsible for any actions resulting from the use of this information. General information provided in this fashion should not be construed as specific medical advice or recommendation, and is not a substitute for a consultation and physical examination by a physician. Only discussion of your individual needs with a Professor Dr. Ashok Govila will determine the best method of treatment for you.