Tummy Tuck Dubai Aesthetica, before and after pictures
|Prof. Ashok Govila
Before and After Photos and Video of Tummy Tuck
WHAT IS TUMMY TUCK (ABDOMINOPLASTY)?Abdominoplasty, also known as a "Tummy Tuck" or simply "TT", is the surgery of the abdomen to remove the excess skin and fat that may accumulate after pregnancy, obesity or age. With a full abdominoplasty, benefits are also tightening of the abdominal muscles that may have become stretched out or lax over time. Even a new belly button can be obtained as a result! This isn't a simple procedure, and you should definitely be aware of the risks and post-operative care and attendance that will be needed.
The purpose of the Abdominoplasty operation (Tummy Tuck) is two-fold. First, to flatten the abdomen by tightening
Abdominoplasty is an aesthetic surgical procedure designed to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to tighten the abdominal muscles.
Abdominoplasty is a type of cosmetic surgery procedure where the excess skin, particularly on the abdominal area,
Is abdominoplasty painful?
Is an abdominoplasty permanent?
What is the difference between an abdominoplasty and a mini-abdominoplasty?
What are the risks with abdominoplasty?
Who is the best candidate for abdominoplasty?
When is Abdominoplasty usually performed?
Many of my patients in UAE are women who are done having children and are discontent with their ability to lose weight or eliminate the sagging skin around their mid-section.
Where are the scars after abdominoplasty?
Is abdominoplasty surgery painful?
How to Prepare for Surgery: To prepare for surgery both physically and mentally, consult Professor Dr. Ashok Govila
• Surgical consultation. You’ll meet with the Professor Dr. Ashok Govila to discuss your medical history and the procedure. If you have any questions, ask at this time so you understand what the procedure will entail and what to expect from the recovery period. A medical examination may also be performed at this visit, and preliminary tests may be ordered.
• Pre-surgical visit. Professor Dr. Ashok Govila will go over the final surgery details with you and give you instructions to follow (fasting - nil through your mouth for 8 hours before surgery) the night before your surgery. Inform him the medications you are taking in case you need to stop taking any of them prior to surgery.
• Day of surgery. You will meet with your medical team to go over your medical history and the procedure. The
• Discharge after surgery. You will receive instructions on how to take care of yourself, when to have a post-operative appointment, and what prescriptions you may need. You will be provided with medications to be taken for 3 - 5 days after the surgery by the hospital pharmacy. You will need to arrange to have a family member or friend take you home after surgery. Within first 24 hours after surgery one is not allowed to drive.
Prepare for Surgery: Improving Your Outcome
To best prepare for surgery, take these steps in the weeks and days leading up to it:
• If you smoke, stop. It's best to stop smoking at least two weeks before your procedure, but even a few days ahead will help. Inpatient surgery usually requires general anesthesia, and if you stop smoking your lungs will adjust better to the anesthesia. Quitting will also help reduce your risk of infection.
• Medications. Carefully follow all of your surgeon’s instructions regarding if and when you need to stop taking any of your regular medication prior to surgery. People who take blood thinners such as warfarin (sold under Coumadin and other brand names) will likely have to stop before surgery.
• Control your blood pressure. Surgery will be less risky if your blood pressure is at a healthy level. This can be a
• Take it easy. Relax and try not to overdo it in the days before your surgery. It’s hard not to be anxious, but if you
After Surgery: Guidelines
Be sure you know when to resume taking medications that you discontinued prior to surgery, and confirm that they won’t cause a negative interaction with any painkillers you might have been prescribed.
Follow all of your doctor’s instructions about what you can or can’t do whether the advice is about having sex, driving a car, taking a bath, or walking up and down stairs. Understand that it may take some time before you can get back to all your normal activities. Continue to watch your diet and keep your weight and your blood pressure in check until you can return to your regular exercise routine.
Remember, the better you prepare for surgery, the easier the procedure and your recovery will be.
Abdominoplasty - After your surgery
For the first few days, your abdomen will probably be swollen and you are likely to feel some discomfort which can be controlled by simple medication like Panddol and tyrnol one gram daily. Depending on the extent of the surgery, you may be released the same day or remain in the hospital for 3-4 days.
Our local patients of Dubai and (Abu Dhabi ,Alain, Ajman ,Sharjah) usually recover at home. Professor Ashok performs body sculpt on patients from around the world and some of them prefer to recover in their hotels for few days before traveling to their home country. Some choose to bring a family member or friend. Some patients hire a nurse or caretaker until they are comfortable on their own. Our hospital have arrangements for doctor on call 24 hours a day to attend to you in your hotel if need be.
You will be advised to use pressure (compression garments) on the treatment area for 8 hours a day up to a maximum of 12 weeks. Professor Dr. Ashok Govila also treats the tummy tuck scars for a extended period of up to 6 months by custom fabricated medicated pressure garments of pliable medicated plates under the garments which is ever is preferred by the patient. Darker the skin color stronger is the indication for proper follow up and anagement of the scar . White skin makes good scars. Dark skin makes bad scars.
© Information provided here is for general education about cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. This information is subject to change. dubai-aesthetica.com does not guarantee that it is accurate or complete, and is not responsible for any actions resulting from the use of this information. General information provided in this fashion should not be construed as specific medical advice or recommendation, and is not a substitute for a consultation and physical examination by a physician. Only discussion of your individual needs with a Professor Dr. Ashok Govila will determine the best method of treatment for you.